(Amsterdam 1921 – Zürich 2006)
Signed lower left
Dated 84 lower right
Oil on canvas, 182.8 x 244.3 cm
– Annina Nosei Gallery, New York
– Collection Stéphane Janssen, USA
– Auction Christie’s, New York, 12 May 2010, lot 321
– Private collection, the Netherlands
S. Hunter, Karel Appel, Recent Paintings and Sculpture: Clouds, Windmill, Nudes and Other Mythologies, Museum of Art, Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA, 1986, pl. 15 (ill.)
– Museum of Art, Fort Lauderdale, Karel Appel, Recent Paintings and Sculpture: Clouds, Windmill, Nudes and Other Mythologies, 1 October – 30 November 1986
– Arizona State University Art Museum, Tempe, CoBrA, During and After, February – May 2003
Including a certificate of authenticity by J.W. Nieuwenhuizen Segaar, with archive number 120721 and dated July 2012.
This lot is sold to benefit the Future Hope Organisation in India (www.futurehope.net).