A green glazed roof ornament in the shape of a dragon’s head
Ming dynasty or earlier
Two openings on the head. Marble base.
H. 24 cm (incl. base)
Bought by the father of the current owner in 1965 at Nystad Antiquairs N.V., Lochem.
According to hear-say originally part of the ‘Porcelain Tower’ in Nanking, built in 1412-1431 under emperor Yongle. According to the story this dragon’s head was donated by dr. M. Liese in 1912 to Waldemar Prince of Prusia.